by John Weidner, MSDC Treasurer
The Northern Virginia Mineral Show will be held on November 19 & 20 (Saturday & Sunday) at Dewberry Hall, Johnson Center, George Mason University. Print out this card for $1 off the adult admission charge.
This is a local show for MSDC, sponsored by the Northern Virginia Mineral Club and the Geology Department of George Mason University. We expect 20 dealers with the lots of good stuff for sale. Although it's not a Mineralogical Society of DC show, we have a lot of overlapping members. Personally, I work in the kids room: mini-mines to dig in, quizzes with prizes (I just created a new, trick-question, quiz), a fluorescent mineral display, and more.
This is a fine show for people looking to add to their collection, and the kids and I have a good time in the kids room. If you live in the area, or even if you don't, we'd love to have you come. If you would like to help with the show (Saturday or Sunday) or with set up (Friday night), please sign up HERE.
Note: The card says 30th annual. Yeah, well, except that we haven't been able to hold the show for the last two years. We're delighted to be back. Hope to see you there!
- Location: Dewberry Hall, Johnson Center, George Mason University Campus in Fairfax (map)
- GPS Address: https://bit.ly/3fBZfh8
- GMU Campus is located at the intersection of Rte 123 & Braddock Road, Fairfax, Virginia
- Use Parking lot A, enter Lot A where adjacent to the Johnson Center. Look for our Courtesy Shuttle & Designated Walking Path to Mineral Show
- Look for our courtesy shuttles (campus golf carts) which will pick up and drop off at the Johnson Center entrance.
- Handicapped parking closest and most convenient to our show location has not yet been identified. That information will be added to our web page when it is determined.
- GMU Campus map: http://eagle.gmu.edu/map/fairfax.php